Monday, October 08, 2007

In Rainbows

Just went online and ordered the new Radiohead album...had only intended to order the download for now but, since they cant say exactly when it will be issued, I just imagined coming home from a crap day at work a few months from now and unexpectedly finding a huge parcel from Radiohead. Yup, ordered the box! I love that they're big enough now to just put out a big fuck you to the whole recording industry. One of the biggest bands in the world releasing their albums independently and selling direct to the fans online. And this only 2 months after Prince gave away his new album with the Mail on Sunday! (the one and only time I will EVER buy the Mail!).
I also love the fact that no one knew they had a new album out. They just announced 10 days before the release date and, since they recorded it in their own studios, there's no lowl-paid studiohands with access to the tapes so there's no chance of a leak onto the torrent sites or newsgroups. And it would appear they didnt even send out review copies, so while I'm sitting here waiting for the email that gives me the link to download the album later today, so's the guy from the NME and from Rolling Stone or whereever. No favouritism. The whole world waiting to hear it all at the same time! It's almost like a return to the old days when the whole country gathered round their TV's to hear the beatles unveil 'All you need is love'.
Just hope I get the email in time so I can d/l it and whack it onto my ipod before I have to leave for work...

Radiohead mentally scar a whole generation of kiddies at the smash hits poll winners party

No comments: